I am so excited for our 8th graders because this Friday is 8th Grade Night! This is a required event for all 8th grade band members. Students will stay after school with me to walk over to the high school around 3:45 PM. They can wear jeans and a T-shirt because we will provide them with a free T-shirt this Friday to change into that is made especially for them. I recommend bringing layers and a jacket since it will be cold as the sun sets.
Our students will live the life of a high school marching band member for one night and will perform the Pre-Game ceremony with us. In addition, they will get special access to the field during half time to get a front row seat to the band performance! This night is completely free to your students and they will be well fed and spoiled rotten by our high school band family.
Please read through all of the bullet points below for important information:
- Students will be required to wear their masks at all times other than when they are performing.
- 8th grade at home learners are also able to participate if they would like to.
- I highly recommend that students pre-order their food so that it is ready for them at the beginning of the 3rd quarter. The concession lines are long and there may be a shortage on certain foods.
- Please fill out this google form and submit the money to Ms. Menendez before Friday. Cash only please!
- Would you like tickets to watch your 8th grader perform? Purchase them using the link below!
Home vs. Rome • 8th Grade Night!
- 4:45pm Report to Band Field for Pre-game rehearsal
- 5:30pm Dinner provided by the boosters
- 6:30pm Uniform Check in Stadium
- 7:00pm Pre-Game
- 7:30pm Kick-Off
- Approx. 9:00pm Half-time
- 10:00 Optional Student pick-up time
- Approx. 10:30pm Game Ends for students who wish to stay the entire game.
- *Students will be able to contact you during 4th quarter to give you a better estimate of what time the game will be ending. Hopefully most of our students will stay for the entire game so that they can participate in our very special Battle Hymn tradition at the end of the game!*
Friday is going to be an absolute blast!
Our students are doing a tremendous job selling cookie dough! We have over a week to continue selling as our fundraiser will conclude on Thursday, October the 15th.
Please click on the cookie dough fundraiser under the “fundraisers” tabs on our website for extra copies of forms, dates, and instructions for ordering online.
I hope that you all have a wonderful Sunday evening and I look forward to working with the students tomorrow!