Please remember tonight’s rehearsal at the High School, be there before 6pm so that we can start rehearsal on time. If you left your instrument or equipment at the junior high the band room will be unlocked.
Percussion, Baritones, Mellophones and Tubas we have your instruments, Tubas will need to bring their own mouthpieces however.
Dress warm its gonna get a little chilly. We will be done by 8pm this evening.
Thank you again to all the parent volunteers and parents of our awesome Trojan Band members. We could not have had as much fun without all of your help. Here are a couple of pictures from our home and away performances.
This week is going to be really special for our 8th grade band students. Each year I like to bring the 8th grade band students to the HS to perform with the Trojan Marching Band and give them a glimpse into what it’s like to be a high school performer. This year will be even more special because we will be performing at half time as well.
We will rehearse in class all of the music, staging and choreography and then on Thursday and Friday we will put it all together. I pride myself every year in great attendance for 8th grade night and I know this year will be awesome with over 200 performers on the field and in the stands. Please make sure your child does not miss out on rehearsal and the performance.
6pm to 8pm – we will rehearse with the HS band in the
stadium at the HS. Drop off and pickup will be at the HS band room.
5pm to 6pm – we will eat pizza at the HS band room with all the band students and then perform.
7pm – 10pm – perform pre-game, in the stands, and half time, and then the 4th quarter to finish the game.
Students should dress up in Halloween costume. As long as it is school appropriate, they can move and play there instrument and they will stay warm, it should be just fine.
You are not going to want to miss out on this awesome performance please bring your camera and enjoy the show.
Just a reminder to all band parents,
The cookie dough will be here this Friday for pickup at both the junior high and middle school. If your child has a large order they will need to be picked up from school.
I still need a lot more parents to help volunteer to sort. We will start around 10:30am at the Junior High. Please email ASAP if you can help.
Hello Trojan Band Parents,
I am sure by now your child has come home with a red bus permission form and you are wondering what the schedule is for this week. This is a very unique situation and I am glad that we will have the opportunity to travel and play for the final game. However, with early release schedule it makes it interesting. We will offer a “stay after school” option but it will mean your child hanging out under supervision from 12:30 – 4:30, so if they can go home and come back that would be the best possible situation.
Schedule as it currently stands:
12:30 – 4:00: Hang out at school, or students can go home and come back by at least 4:00 to load and board busses at 4:30pm.
4:00pm: Load trailer
4:30pm: Leave for Bremen High School Stadium
5pm: Arrive grab equipment and head in for the game.
5:30pm: Game Starts
6:30pm: Half time pizza and chips and drinks at the trailer
7:30pm: Game Ends
8pm: Arrival back at CJHS for parent pickup
If we are behind or ahead of schedule I can’t see it being by more or less than 30 min. I will need a lot of parent volunteers for this game, for both pizza, supervision, packing and unpacking, and riding the bus as chaperones. Please email me if you can chaperone or tick the box on the permission slip.
Thanks everyone, we are looking forward to it, and seeing you all at conferences this week.
Joe Huls and Maria Menendez
Looks like it’s gonna be pretty chilly. Any type of hoodie or jacket your child can wear today with some jeans will be just fine for the game. If they are black and say carrollton that will show some more spirit, but is not necessary.
Same Schedule and Location as last time.
- 3 – 4:30: Students may stay after school and walk with Mr. Huls to the HS band room. Or they can go home and come back with a parent at 4:30pm to the HS Band Room.
- 4:30 – 5:00: warmup and rehearse in the HS band room in uniform. Volunteer meeting time as well.
- 5:30: Game starts in Grisham Stadium
- 6:15: Eat pizza in HS Band Room
- 6:45: Parent pickup at the HS Band Room.
Cookie dough will be delivered Friday October 24th. Please make sure that if you have a large order that you plan on picking your child up that day as it will be difficult for them to manage more than 4 boxes on the bus.
We will need parent volunteers to come and help sort cookie dough around 10:30AM. If you can come to the junior high to help please email me or Ms. Menendez
Hello all, I just thought I would update you on current band happenings.
- The huge order has been calculated and ordered, I will update you on the arrival date as soon as I get it.
District Honor Band Help Sessions (7th and 8th grade only)
- All student who have paid $5 to participate in DHB should be coming to our help sessions on Wednesdays from 3 – 4:30pm. If your child is not involved in DHB its still not too late, usually my top 3 to 4 kids in every section audition but it is open to anyone, please turn in $5 ASAP and start coming to help sessions.
Trojan Band (7th and 8th grade only)
8th Grade Night at the High School (Halloween Night Oct 31)
- This years 8th grade band has a unique opportunity. We will not only be performing the pre-game show but also half time with the HS band.
- Students will need a Halloween Costume, or they can just be a JH Band kid for halloween and wear there uniform.
- We will be rehearsing Thursday Oct 30th with the HS band from 6 – 8pm at the HS. This is a very important rehearsal as we will be learning staging and choreography.
- Please let me know if your child has to miss out on this awesome night, I will be writing drill for specific kids on the field, and I have a choreographer coming in to teach the “Thriller” dance in class and need to know how many will be performing.
- This is gonna be an awesome show. You will not want to miss it.