If your student is NOT riding the bus home from auditions, please let me know via email. I want for the chaperones to know who all is not coming home on the bus so that they can take an accurate roll call before leaving. Students may either:
1.Ride to and from with a parent
2. Ride there on the bus and back with a parent (with email consent)
3. Ride to and from on the bus
Students will need about $10 for lunch at the pizza buffet on the way home if they plan on riding the bus back.
I am hoping that the students will be home earlier than 5PM. The students will be in contact with you when they are leaving the pizza buffet so that you can have an accurate time to pick them up from the JH school.
The actual Carrollton audition time is at 1:15 but since I am set to work in the warm up area that Saturday I will try to push our kids through a little earlier so that they can go home sooner! Students riding separately need to arrive around 12:15 for a quick warm up and then get in line around 12:30.
The bus departs at 10:45 from the JH school Saturday morning. Please make sure that your student has all of their music and their instrument with them. Students may not wear jeans and need to dress at least business casual for this audition.
Excel Christian Academy
325 Old Mill Road
Cartersville, Georgia 30120
I am VERY proud of their work thus far and cannot wait to see how they do on Saturday!
I hope that you have enjoyed some time with your loved ones this past week! Below are some very important dates.
Tuesday the 28th: 7th grade after school rehearsal until 5. *mandatory
Wednesday the 29th: District Honor Band practice session until 4:45.
Thursday the 30th: 8th grade after school rehearsal until 5 *mandatory
Saturday the 2nd: District Honor Band auditions at Excel Academy. Bus departs at 10:45
Tuesday the 5th of December: Winter Concert. Report time 6:30. Concerts begins at 7. Mandatory for all students.
Friday December the 15th: Carowinds payment due. $50.
If you are interested in some spirit wear the high school band has a wonderful online store that may interest you! Feel free to check it out at: https://chstrojanband.revtrak.net/Spiritwear/#/list
It’s time to push hard towards this concert and finish off a great first semester!
District Honor Band Final Info:
Saturday December the 2nd: Bus departs at 10:45 from Carrollton Junior High School. Students need to bring $10 to stop at pizza buffet on the way home. Chaperone will check roll, ensure students have all instruments, and take guide them to their audition room once they are there.
If your student needs to leave right after their audition you may drive them separately. The bus is a convenience but not a necessity.
Excel Christian Academy
325 Old Mill Road
Cartersville, Georgia 30120
Carrollton is set to audition around 1:15. I recommend getting there around 12:15 if you drive separately. Students will warm up, run through their scales and etudes and then wait in line to audition. It is okay to try to wait in line early around 12:40 because the line may be long and that can get them out of there faster.
If you plan to drive separately please let me know! I will be judging all day but I need to know what students are riding on the bus.
Below is the roster for our Carowinds trip so far. If I have misspelled your name (chaperones) or if you see an error I need for you to let me know right away who or what I am missing.
If you do not correct me now then I may not sign you up for the trip.
Our next deposit of $50 is due the 15th of December. Go ahead and have that on your radar and don’t let it sneak up on you. I am flexible so please speak to me individually if you have any problems making that date.
Carowinds Roster <———————————————- Check me!!!
https://carrolltonjuniorhs.revtrak.net/CJHS-Band/#/list (Pay here)
Thank you so much and I will post tomorrow with our upcoming dates that apply to the whole band. Happy practicing to the students!
District Honor Band help session is tomorrow at 11am but we will have it at the high school band room instead of the Junior High. It will end at noon. We will have it at the high school so that we do not mess with the alarm code at the Junior High school.
Let me know now if you have any questions!
8th Grade members need to have their $50 Carowinds Deposit turned in by Friday. Below is a link to pay online if you would rather do that than cash or check.
Here is the link to pay the Carowinds downpayment/commitment fee if you would like to pay online.
I am asking that all students make arrangements to bring their instruments and music home this Friday so that they can practice a little bit over break. I want for the students to rest and enjoy their time off but I also want for them to have a successful concert on December 5th. I have a few extra instruments for the tubas if they absolutely cannot bring their horn home on Friday since they ride the bus. Let me know if you need help making arrangements.
There will be an optional District Honor Band practice on Monday the 20th from 11AM-noon here at the Junior High. If you are still in town and would like for your kid to get some help for their audition then I will be here.
The date of the actual audition is December the 2nd and our school is slotted to go around 1PM for their auditions. I plan on having a lead chaperone guide the students on that day since I am required to be at the event all day as a judge. If you are interested in leading that small trip to the auditions please let me know. You would load the students on the bus, take roll before leaving, sign them in at the school, let them warm up and audition, then stop for some food on the way home. If you are interested it would help me tremendously. The school if gracious in offering a bus to and from the auditions so I hope that we can take advantage of it instead of each kid having to figure out their own ride.
Let’s have a great week and get the Carowinds money turned in for those 8th graders!
Congratulations to our eighth graders on a wonderful day of performances this Friday. It was a day full of great music and very thoughtful tributes to those who serve in the military.
Carowinds: $50 deposit due this Friday!! Please get that in as soon as possible.
DHB after school this Wednesday.
Report cards need to be signed and returned to me. Students may make up grades at any time.
One more week until Thanksgiving break!
I have updated the grades from our Fall concert.
If your child has a 75 then they need to complete their Concert Review. They may do that during class.
If they receive lower than that they may make up their Fall Concert grade by recording their concert music on the ipad so that I can listen to it and give them full credit.
Either way they may make up their grade. Anything less than a 100 means that they will use class time to bring up that grade. Please encourage your student to make this up as soon as possible.
We have our Veterans Day concert this Friday here at the school system and our 8th grade band will perform at the ceremonies. This concert occurs during the school day and will and before school ends. If you would like to attend one of the ceremonies and bring one of your family members who is a veteran they can come and be honored, here are the ceremony times:
- 9:00 – 9:55 CJHS
- 10:15 – 11:10 CMS
- 11:15 – 11:45 Lunch for JROTC cadets
- 12:15 – 12:45 CES program #1
- 1:15 – 1:45 CES program #2
- 2:15 – 3:15 CHS
Volunteer Opportunity:I am in need of a parent crew (7th or 8th grade parents) that can help out during the day on Friday. If you are able to help please email me. Here is what I am looking for:
Friday, November 10th
- 7:15 am – Chair and Stand setup at the CHS Gym
- 10:45 am – Meet at CHS Band Room to help setup pizza stations and hand out lunch for the kids.
- 3:00 pm – Help pack up truck at the CHS Gym and then unload at CJHS
Thank you so much!
Last night was absolutely incredible! Thank you so much to all that attended, all who helped out and to the students for putting on an incredible performance. Both groups did exceptionally well and played with passion and focus. It was also an honor to recognize those who serve this country or who have in the past. Thank you very much for your service to this great country.
Please keep in mind two important details for our concerts.
- I ask that students appear on time and stay for the duration of the concert. In their uniform, performing at a high level, and being a respectful audience member when the other band is on stage. Some band directors require a sign-in and sign-out sheet for their concerts that count towards their grade for the night. I do not want to push towards that at all, but I do want to emphasize that showing up on time and leaving at the appropriate time is a must. I strive to keep the concerts as short as possible and I hope that last night demonstrated my intentions. We live in a busy world and committing any school night to an activity is a strain but hopefully you see that the few nights of the year for band are a good night spent out!
- The concerts are a grade. Students who work tirelessly each day in class deserve the chance to perform their pieces for a supportive audience. Please do your best to make sure that your student gets that wonderful moment with their classmates. I promise you that I work them HARD during the school day so I want them to show off for you. Nothing makes me happier than allowing them to set goals for themselves and then to see them reach those goals together, in front of a supportive audience.
We have some important dates coming up so I have listed them here below:
- This upcoming Friday (10th) our 8th graders will perform during the school day at the Veterans Day Assembly. Students will report to school as normal and leave as normal. I will also feed them pizza for lunch. I will post timed details on Monday and ask for volunteers to help serve pizza at that time.
- November 17th: 8th Grade Carowinds Deposit Due $50
- November 28th: 7th Grade after school rehearsal for Christmas Concert (3:30-5) *Mandatory
- November 30th: 8th Grade after school rehearsal for Christmas Concert (3:30-5) *Mandatory
- December 2nd: District Honor Band Tryouts (Details to follow)
- December 5th: CJHS Christmas Concert 7PM (6:30 Report Time)
- December 15th: Carowinds payment due ($50).
- February 10th: Symphonic Camp! Getting that approved right now and hoping to settle in on some details soon. It will be shorter than previous years and will include different activities that I think the students will enjoy. As soon as I know I will update our calendars and notify you. This event is for both 7th and 8th grades.