As you know we are just about to get set to go on our trip. Here is a rundown of information you might have questions about.
Friday May 8
- 9:30am – Meet in the cafeteria prior to loading. (Students will be expected to attend school until 9:30am, failure to do so will result in an absence.)
- 10:00am—Load buses with luggage and equipment.
- 10:30pm—Depart for Charlotte. Meal stop enroute.
- 4:00pm—Arrive hotel. Check in and get settled in rooms.
- 5:15pm—Load buses and travel to CiCi’a Pizza buffet for dinner.
- 6:45pm—Load buses and travel to Adventure Landing Fun Center for unlimited activities and games.
- 10:00pm—Load buses and return to hotel for the night.
- 11:00pm—Room check and in rooms for the night.
Saturday May 9
- 7:00am—Wake up call by chaperones.
- 8:00am—Breakfast buffet at hotel.
- 9:00am—Check out of rooms and load bus with luggage and equipment.
- 9:15am—Travel to Carowinds park.
- 9:45am—Arrive Carowinds park. Director checks in at festival registration tent. Enjoy rides for morning.
- 3:30pm—Meet at designated area. Walk back to buses to prepare for performance.
- 4:05pm—Warm up time.
- 4:30pm—Performance time.
- 4:35pm—After performance return to buses to put up instruments.
- 5:15pm—Return to park to enjoy rides for the remainder of the day.
- 8:00pm—Park closes. Meet at designated area and return to buses in bus parking lot.
- 8:30pm—Depart for home.
Sunday May 10
- 1:30am—Arrive school. Unload luggage and head for home.
The Doubletree Hotel Carowinds Theme Park
2600 Yorkmont Road 14523 Carowinds Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28208 Charlotte, NC 28273
What to Pack
CJHS Band Polo: For our uniform during performance we will wear our CJHS band Polo and shorts. Students may wear their sandals or tennis shoes that they are wearing for the park that day.
- Clothes for Two days, including cold weather or rainy weather clothes.
- Spending Money $40 – $50
- Personal Electronics are permitted, but we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
WHAT YOU WILL NOT NEED / BE ALLOWED
- Students will not be allowed any energy drinks at any time. (Redbull, Monster, etc…)
- Large amounts of candy and soft drinks for the bus, or hotel. We will have plenty of food to eat, and drink.
- Students will not be allowed to bring their console gaming systems (Wii, Xbox, PS4, etc..)
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL POLICIES REGARDING CELL PHONES, DRESS CODE, AND GENERAL STUDENT BEHAVIOR ARE STILL IN EFFECT FOR THIS TRIP. ALL SCHOOL RULES WILL STILL APPLY WHICH MEANS ALL DISCIPLINARY MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN DURING AND FOLLOWING THE TRIP IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES.
If anyone is able to come by Tabernacle Baptist Church today at 3pm and help us setup for the 8th grade performance tonight that would be awesome.
Also at the end of the awards banquet we will need help packing up, if you can come help please let me know.
Thankyou for an excellent band and chorus awards night event yesterday. We certainly hope everyone had fun. Thank you to all the parent chaperones who came to help out.
Just a friendly reminder to all 8th grade band members about tomorrow’s performance at Tabernacle Baptist Church. Arrival time is 5:45pm in the main sanctuary. Uniform is something nice similar to what you wore to band and chorus awards night, CJHS band uniform is not required.
This performance is mandatory of all 8th grade band members even if you are not recieving an award. We need everyone there to sound our best. We should be done by 6:50pm. All parents are welcome to stay and listen.
The weather looks alright and the forecast for the future seems to be favorable. We will most likely see some rain during the middle of the event tonight but should hopefully trail off by 9pm. Still bring an umbrella just in case.
I look forward to seeing all registered students, guests and parent chaperones who have signed up tonight.
CJHS Awards Banquet Performance at Tabernacle Baptist Church
NEXT Monday April 27th, 2015
This is a very important and mandatory performance for all 8th grade band students. We will be performing for our entire community of parents as well as many school board members and our superintendent. Please do not miss this performance, it means a lot.
UNIFORM: Students will not be required to wear their band uniform; boys should dress in a shirt and tie, and black or khaki pants and dress shoes. Girls should dress in something formal, or something you would wear to church.
5:45pm: Arrive at Tabernacle Baptist Church and get setup. Low brass and school owned instruments will be on the band trailer at the back entrance of the church.
6:00pm: Warmup and Tune on stage
6:30pm: Perform as the opening act of the CJHS Awards Banquet.
6:50pm: Finish and case instruments. Students receiving awards from the school will go to get lined up, all others are dismissed with parents.
As summer approaches, we would like to encourage your students to look at some options for summer band opportunities. Below are a few camps that are recommended by us and the surrounding community.
Sounds of Summer Music Camp:
University of Georgia Music Camp:
Music Camps listed on the Georgia Music Educators Association website:
Summer camps are opportunities for students to continue growing on their applied instrument as well as learn from professionals in our field, meet new friends, and perform music that they may not be able to perform anywhere else. It is a great way to keep your student encouraged and busy in such an enriching activity! If you look through these websites and have any additional questions, feel free to contact us. We would love to continue the strong tradition of high participation in summer music camps in the Carrollton band programs.
We highly encourage that you consider enrolling your student in a summer camp this summer!
Percussionists will not be auditioning tomorrow. However if you could come to the meeting at 6pm that would be fantastic. That way everyone has all the info for next year.
Mr. Robichaux is holding his audition rehearsals on April 28, May 5, 7 and then auditions May 11-15 all rehearsals take place from 3-5:30pm at the HS band room.
Their is a lot of extra new stuff to teach when it comes to Drumline and the front ensemble. Mr. Robichaux likes to give the kids time to Ty out everything before they zero in on a specific instrument.