As you know we are just about to get set to go on our trip. Here is a rundown of information you might have questions about.
Friday May 8
- 9:30am – Meet in the cafeteria prior to loading. (Students will be expected to attend school until 9:30am, failure to do so will result in an absence.)
- 10:00am—Load buses with luggage and equipment.
- 10:30pm—Depart for Charlotte. Meal stop enroute.
- 4:00pm—Arrive hotel. Check in and get settled in rooms.
- 5:15pm—Load buses and travel to CiCi’a Pizza buffet for dinner.
- 6:45pm—Load buses and travel to Adventure Landing Fun Center for unlimited activities and games.
- 10:00pm—Load buses and return to hotel for the night.
- 11:00pm—Room check and in rooms for the night.
Saturday May 9
- 7:00am—Wake up call by chaperones.
- 8:00am—Breakfast buffet at hotel.
- 9:00am—Check out of rooms and load bus with luggage and equipment.
- 9:15am—Travel to Carowinds park.
- 9:45am—Arrive Carowinds park. Director checks in at festival registration tent. Enjoy rides for morning.
- 3:30pm—Meet at designated area. Walk back to buses to prepare for performance.
- 4:05pm—Warm up time.
- 4:30pm—Performance time.
- 4:35pm—After performance return to buses to put up instruments.
- 5:15pm—Return to park to enjoy rides for the remainder of the day.
- 8:00pm—Park closes. Meet at designated area and return to buses in bus parking lot.
- 8:30pm—Depart for home.
Sunday May 10
- 1:30am—Arrive school. Unload luggage and head for home.
The Doubletree Hotel Carowinds Theme Park
2600 Yorkmont Road 14523 Carowinds Blvd
Charlotte, NC 28208 Charlotte, NC 28273
What to Pack
CJHS Band Polo: For our uniform during performance we will wear our CJHS band Polo and shorts. Students may wear their sandals or tennis shoes that they are wearing for the park that day.
- Clothes for Two days, including cold weather or rainy weather clothes.
- Spending Money $40 – $50
- Personal Electronics are permitted, but we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
WHAT YOU WILL NOT NEED / BE ALLOWED
- Students will not be allowed any energy drinks at any time. (Redbull, Monster, etc…)
- Large amounts of candy and soft drinks for the bus, or hotel. We will have plenty of food to eat, and drink.
- Students will not be allowed to bring their console gaming systems (Wii, Xbox, PS4, etc..)
PLEASE REMEMBER THAT ALL POLICIES REGARDING CELL PHONES, DRESS CODE, AND GENERAL STUDENT BEHAVIOR ARE STILL IN EFFECT FOR THIS TRIP. ALL SCHOOL RULES WILL STILL APPLY WHICH MEANS ALL DISCIPLINARY MEASURES WILL BE TAKEN DURING AND FOLLOWING THE TRIP IF THERE ARE ANY ISSUES.