This Tuesday the 6th we will have our Fall Concert at 7PM at the Mabry Arts Center!
Students must report at 6:30 and are required to stay the entire time. Because we only have two grade levels the concert should be over before 8 o’ clock. Please be aware that students who leave early do not receive full credit and will be deducted points from that portion of their grade.
As stated in our handbook:
Rehearsal for concert = 30 points
Attendance at concert= 70 points
Total= 100 point test grade
- Students should wear black dress pants or black khakis (no jeans or leggings) and their black performance band polo.
- Shoes must be black and may not be sandals or tennis shoes. If shoes require socks I ask that they are black as well since any other color would clash with the all black uniform.
- Black belts are not required but highly encouraged to make the tucked in shirt look even more professional.
For those of you trying out for District Honor Band and All State please read below:
Masterclasses cost $25 and can be paid for at the door. They are hosted at the Carrollton Center for the Arts and are taught by our outstanding Music Academy Faculty.
- November 3 will include masterclasses for Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone and Percussion.
- November 10 will include masterclasses for Double Reeds, Saxophones, Horn, Baritone, Tuba.
- November 17 will include masterclasses for Flute, Clarinet, Trumpet, Trombone, and Percussion again.
Each date will have 3 masterclass times since the audition material is broken up into age groups.
- The middle school (6-8) clinic will last from 8:00AM – 9:30AM.
- The concert band (9-10) clinic will last from 9:45AM – 11:30AM.
- The symphonic band (11-12) clinic will last from 12:00PM – 1:45PM.
Please visit this website to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfGRK517wVj_0K2trWQaUyQdaxA4kBchnCC9rGT6wJEuAYcFg/viewform
This is a FANTASTIC opportunity for our students
8th Grade Only:
Our first deposit for the Carowinds Trip is due November 16th. The deposits is $50.
Please begin submitting this if you have not already. If you have any financial restrictions please let me know as there are sponsors who are interested in supporting your child’s trip.
Our cookie dough and AYP fundraiser will be added into the trip in the Spring and take off of that last deposit.
You may pay cash, check (CJHS BAND), or online here: Revtrak
I would like for every 8th grade student to go on this trip. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great weekend!