We have had an incredible start to the school year so far!
This week at a glance:
Tuesday: Cookie Dough fundraiser begins
Thursday: First Trojan Band Game *info below*
Forms and Fees due October 2nd:
If your student still has not submitted their Handbook agreement form and their fees please do so by October 2nd. Info can be found under the “Fees & Dues” tab as well as the “Forms” tab on the website. I also have physical copies at school if needed.
Fees due for your child may include the following:
- Band fees (required for all students)
- School owned instrument fee
- Trojan Band fee
Trojan Band on Thursday:
This Thursday will be our first Trojan Band game! Students will perform stand tunes in the stands and cheer on their JH football team. I will hand out t shirts and hats to those who need one on Thursday in class. Information is posted below.
*At home learners may participate. Please have them check Google Classroom for more info*
3:30 PM Students may stay after school with me at the JH and I will walk them down around 4:15 to the high school if they do not want to go home and come back
4:45 PM students who choose to go home and return need to be dropped off at high school band room (behind away bleachers of Grisham Stadium).
5:00 PM Set up in bleachers
5:30 PM play at football game and cheer on the football team
6:30 PM (roughly) Half Time: students come to high school band room to eat pizza.
7:00 PM (roughly) Students picked up from high school band room to go home
If you would like to volunteer to serve food and drinks then we will need your help around 4:45 in the high school band room to get things set up for when the students come in at half time to eat.
Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to volunteer.
Cookie Dough Fundraiser:
This Tuesday we will begin our annual cookie dough fundraiser! Fundraisers are an absolute necessity in order for our program to run the way that it does. Money raised allows for instructors to teach your students privately and for instruments and music to be purchased. Nothing is more important to me than making sure that your students have the best music education possible.
Our cookie dough fundraiser will run from September 29th- October 15th. Cookie dough will be delivered late October.
Information will come home on Tuesday but I want to give you a heads up about two things.
- As of this moment we are not allowed to have field trips at CJHS. My plan is to have a trip in May for our 8th grade students who have worked so hard these past few years in band. Typically we travel to Charlotte, North Carolina for our annual Carowinds trip. No matter what, I will take the 8th graders on an end of year trip. 8th Graders will earn $3 towards their end of year trip for every box of cookie dough sold! If a student sells 10 boxes that would be $30 off of their trip. For now we will assume that this is still the Carowinds trip but I will update you all as needed once I know what the administrations decision is for traveling in May.
- All students will get their names put into a drawing for a chance of a $200 grand prize! This prize will be a shopping spree spent on a prize that Ms. Menendez and the winner’s family agree upon. This could be spent on fast food gift cards, toys, clothes, video games and more! Additionally, one student per grade will get a fast food lunch provided of their choice if their name is drawn.
- Each student will get their name put in one time once they have sold 10 boxes of cookie dough. For each additional 5 boxes sold, their name will get added in two times! If a student sells 15 boxes then they would get their name put in 3 times for a chance to win!
I will send home the order forms on Tuesday with your students and post links online for a virtual version as well. Thank you for your help!
Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday night and never hesitate to contact me with any questions that you have.