Hello Band Parents,
Today we will be kicking off our annual AYP card fundraiser. This fundraiser is our second fundraiser of the year and will help us with the cost of repairs on school instruments, supplies, purchasing of new music and instruments, and bringing in clinicians.
What is the fundraiser?
American Youth Projects puts together a discount card to be used local participating restaurants, shops, and other businesses in Carroll, Haralson, and Douglas County. The card costs $12, can be used an unlimited amount of times and is good until March 1, 2016.
How the fundraiser works:
- Students can take their order taker with them and show anyone interested in buying a card the order taker with all of the valid discounts.
- If the buyer is interested they can pay $12 cash, or a check made out to CJHS Band.
- The student should then turn in the money as soon as possible to the band director. Please make sure it is in an envelope, with your name and grade clearly marked.
- The cards will be issued the next day in band class and the student can bring them to their buyers.
- For every 5 cards sold, a student will receive a free AYP card for themselves or their parents. So wait to buy a card from your child, see if they can earn you one by selling 10 on their own.
- 8th Grade Band students will receive $3 for every card sold toward their Carowinds Trip. (That’s a really good deal, if an 8th grader sells 10 AYP cards that’s $30 off their trip, then they could sell the free card for another $12 and turn that in toward their trip, that’s $42 off their trip by only selling 10 cards)
Let’s make this fundraiser a huge success for the band program by selling at multiple locations like church groups, at work in the break room, at weekend sporting events etc…Please feel free to email Mr. Huls or Ms. Menendez with any questions.
Thank you again for your support.
Mr. Huls Ms. Menendez
Band Director Band Director
Carrollton Bands Carrollton Bands