Wow! This has been an incredible year so far! These are some hard working students! This website has important information. There are some important reminders below as well as some new updates!
Calendar for the Year:
I have finally been able to get all of the dates for the entire school year for our band program. Please print off the following pdf to help keep your schedule up to date. I will also update our calendar on this website within the next few days.
Trojan Pep Band: If your child is interested in participating in our Trojan Pep Band please complete the Google Form below and submit the fees as soon as possible. This is due by Tuesday, August 17th.
Handbook: Your student has been sent home with a packet that shows you how to subscribe to this website, your band fee payment, as well as a handbook agreement form. Please sign and return the forms along with the $30 band fee before September 3rd. The handbook is located below and must be read in its entirety before signing.
Extra copies of the packet are located here:
Beginning of the year packetDownload
Calendar: In the next week or two I will have to entire school year’s calendar uploaded under “Calendar” on this website. You can sync that calendar to your personal calendar or just reference it when needed. A paper copy of our events for the school year will be sent home in the near future.
Equipment: Your students need the following:
- Black 1/2 inch or 1 inch binder
- Sheet protectors
- Stick bag (I have extras)
Clarinets, saxophones, and double reeds:
- 4 working reeds
- Clarinet reeds: https://www.amazon.com/Vandoren-CR103-Clarinet-Traditional-Strength/dp/B0002E1P08
- Alto Saxophone reeds: https://www.amazon.com/Vandoren-SR213-Traditional-Reeds-Strength/dp/B00T8L27ZI
- Low reeds may purchase from Ms. Menendez
- Double reeds purchase from private instructor.
- Slide oil for trombones https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Trombone-Cleaning-Product-YAC1021P/dp/B0049P5U7A
- Valve oil for trumpets https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Regular-Valve-Oil-60ml/dp/B06XCFJW14
- rotor oil for French Horns https://www.amazon.com/Hetman-Light-Rotor-Lubricant-11/dp/B0002E52IY
Uniform change: We have decided to move away from our Carrollton Band Polos and move towards “concert black”. Our uniform is meant to look professional. Please consider acquiring these items sooner rather than later.
- Black slacks
- Black closed-toed shoes
- Black socks
- Black long-sleeved shirt
- Dresses and skirts may be worn but must be below the knee when seated. Black non-see through tights must be worn.
Thank you for raising such great students. I look forward to another awesome day tomorrow.