It was a joy getting to meet and reconnect with the students today! Please take a moment to enter your email address to receive notifications when I post on this website.
This website has important information such as:
- Fundraising information
- Chair placement
Entering your email will send the information directly to your inbox. This will help you stay up to date with all things CJHS Band!
Please text @cjtroband to 81010 to receive information such as bus ETA on field trips and quick reminders.
Handbook: Your student has been sent home with a packet that shows you how to subscribe to this website, your band fee payment, as well as a handbook agreement form. Please sign and return the forms along with the $30 band fee before September 3rd. The handbook is located below and must be read in its entirety before signing.
Extra copies of the packet are located here:
Calendar: In the next week or two I will have to entire school year’s calendar uploaded under “Calendar” on this website. You can sync that calendar to your personal calendar or just reference it when needed. A paper copy of our events for the school year will be sent home in the near future.
Equipment: Your students need the following:
- Black 1/2 inch or 1 inch binder
- Sheet protectors
- Stick bag (I have extras)
Clarinets, saxophones, and double reeds:
- 4 working reeds
- Clarinet reeds: https://www.amazon.com/Vandoren-CR103-Clarinet-Traditional-Strength/dp/B0002E1P08
- Alto Saxophone reeds: https://www.amazon.com/Vandoren-SR213-Traditional-Reeds-Strength/dp/B00T8L27ZI
- Low reeds may purchase from Ms. Menendez
- Double reeds purchase from private instructor.
- Slide oil for trombones https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Trombone-Cleaning-Product-YAC1021P/dp/B0049P5U7A
- Valve oil for trumpets https://www.amazon.com/Yamaha-Regular-Valve-Oil-60ml/dp/B06XCFJW14
- rotor oil for French Horns https://www.amazon.com/Hetman-Light-Rotor-Lubricant-11/dp/B0002E52IY
Uniform change: We have decided to move away from our Carrollton Band Polos and move towards “concert black”. Our uniform is meant to look professional. Please consider acquiring these items sooner rather than later.
- Black slacks
- Black closed-toed shoes
- Black socks
- Black long-sleeved shirt
- Dresses and skirts may be worn but must be below the knee when seated. Black non-see through tights must be worn.
I cannot wait to continue working with your students! If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out!
Ms. Maria Menendez