This week at a glance:
Monday: After school help for beginners or those who would like tutoring until 4:15
Tuesday: District Honor Band practice until 4:15
District Honor Band and All State:
DHB and All State are wonderful opportunities for students to compete at the district and state level on their instrument. Please view the attached form below for information on auditions. District Honor Band this year occurs from the evening of February 13th-February 15th. Students will be provided transportation to and from auditions and to the honor band in February should they make it.
Students who are awarded a spot in the All State Band will get to spend March 5th-7th in Athens, Georgia!
Below is a link to the audition music:
These are incredible opportunities for our students to learn and grow. Money and forms are due September 20th. Please encourage your students to challenge themselves and give it a shot! Colleges love seeing activities like this on your child’s transcript.
More information below:
Please make sure that all fees and dues are paid before August 30th.
Band Fee $40
Percussion Fee $25
School Owned Instrument Fee $50 (or $25 a semester)
Trojan Band $25 for new students and $10 for students who need a replacement of hat or shirt
All fees may be paid through cash, check (written out to CJHS BAND) or online below:
The calendar for the school year has been posted on our website! You may add the calendar to your google account or smart device by following the directions below. This is the best way to stay up to date. You may also print off a physical copy here: CJHS Band Calendar 2019-2020
- Go into the Settings app
- Touch “Accounts & Passwords”
- On the Accounts & Passwords screen, touch “Add Account”
- On the Add Account screen, touch “Other”
- Under Calendars, touch “Add Subscribed Calendar”
- For the Server value, enter the URL for the teacher calendar:
- Touch “Next” in the upper right corner.
- It will verify the server then show a subscription page. Change the description if you like.
- Touch “Save” to save the subscription.
In your Google calendar on a real computer:
- Under “Other Calendars” click the Add link.
- Select “Add by URL”
- Enter the following URL:
- Click “Add Calendar”
- Google will begin to sync your calendar, and it will appear on the screen.
- Click “Settings”
- Change the long name of the new calendar to something you will remember such as “Charms Calendar”
- Your phone should automatically be set to sync with your Google calendar.
- On your phone: Click on “Calendar”, then bring up the settings for the calendar. Click on Calendar Sync. You should see your google account listed already. Make sure Auto-Sync is checked.
Let me know if you have any questions!