Monday: DHB after school until 4:00/Winter Guard tryouts @CHS 5-8
Tuesday: DHB after school until 4:00/Winter Guard tryouts @CHS 5-8
Thursday: High School NYC Virtual Trip meeting (8th graders planning on attending next year)
Friday: Veterans Day Assembly Wind Ensemble Only
Saturday: Potential Performance at Middle School football championship (More info TBA)
Winter Guard Auditions
Open auditions to learn more about the Winter Guard. Wear athletic/dance clothing and bring your best attitude. Please fill out this form before attending: https://docs.google.com/forms/
Email any questions to Mr. Pierre Brown, Director of Colorguard • email@example.com
Virtual Trip Meeting • Thursday, November 10 • 7:00PM
8th graders who plan on attending this trip next year will need to attend the meeting with Mr. Carr this Thursday evening. We will cover trip costs, trip inclusions, and how to sign-up for the trip.
2023 NYC Trip Meeting
Thursday, November 10 · 7:00 – 8:00pm
Google Meet joining info
Video call link: https://meet.google.com/btd-dfsm-rvn
Or dial: (US) +1 267-755-9535 PIN: 698 644 672#
Veterans Day Assembly: Wind Ensemble Only
Our Wind Ensemble will be providing music for all of the Veterans Day ceremonies being held in the CHS gymnasium on Friday. Here is what you will need to know to make sure they are prepared:
- Wind Ensemble band members should arrive at CJHS in full uniform on Friday. They will not have time to change before or after the event.
- They will check in with their first-period teacher and then come straight to the band room to leave.
- They will be with me all day at the CHS Gymnasium performing, I will provide them lunch at the CHS band room. (***Volunteers needed at 10:45am at the CHS band room please email me)
- We will be back in time for dismissal at CJHS.
8:15 AM Bus departs CJHS to bring students to CHS gym
(students who have a late bus will grab instruments and walk to CHS gym at their earliest convenience.
8:30 am CES #1
9:20 am CES #2
10:00 am CHS #1 (Juniors & Seniors) (CJHS Band students watch ceremony)
11:15 am – 11:45 SUBWAY Lunch in CHS band room <— Need volunteers to help with lunch.
12:00 pm CUES
1:15 pm CJHS
2:15 pm CHS #2 (Freshman & Sophomores) CJHS students walk back with Ms. Menendez to CJHS during this time.
Volunteer Opportunity: I am in need of a parent crew (7th or 8th-grade parents) that can help out during the day on Friday. If you are able to help please email me. Here is what I am looking for:
Friday, November 11th
- 7:15 am – Chair and Stand setup at the CHS Gym
- 10:45 am – Meet at CHS Band Room to help set up SUBWAY and hand out lunch for the kids.
- 3:00 pm – Help pack up the truck at the CHS Gym and then unload at CJHS
Please let me know if you have any questions! Have a wonderful rest of your night.
Ms. Maria Menendez