It is the last week before Fall break and it is a BUSY one!
Monday: After school rehearsal until 4 for Hispanic Heritage Assembly Volunteers
Tuesday: Field trip during 2nd block for Instrumental Methods
Wednesday: After school rehearsal until 4 for Hispanic Heritage Assembly Volunteers. Professor Mothersole and Professor Taylor visit to rehearse during 6th block with Wind Ensemble
Thursday: Professor Dennis Naughton visits with Wind Ensemble during 6th block
Friday: 8th grade night/Candy Bar fundraiser due/Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly during school.
Saturday: Legacy of Champions Band Competition (adult and student volunteers needed!)
Hispanic Heritage Month Assembly: All volunteers who would like to participate in our performance please email Ms. Menendez individually and attend both rehearsals this week.
2nd Block Field Trip: 2nd block will attend First Baptist Church to learn about the organ with their staff. We will depart at the beginning of 2nd block and will return around 10:45.
8th Grade Night *required for all 8th graders*:
- 3:30 report to CJHS band room to meet Ms. Menendez. Walk down to CHS Band room together.
- 4:45pm Report to Band Field for Pre-game rehearsal
- 5:30pm Dinner and t-shirt provided by the boosters
- 6:30pm Uniform Check-in Stadium
- 7:00pm Pre-Game
- 7:30pm Kick-Off
- Approx. 9:00pm Half-time
- 10:00 Optional 8th grade Student pick-up time
- Approx. 10:30pm Game Ends for students who wish to stay the entire game.
- *Students will be able to contact you during 4th quarter to give you a better estimate of what time the game will be ending. Hopefully, most of our students will stay for the entire game so that they can participate in our very special Battle Hymn tradition at the end of the game!*
Friday is going to be an absolute blast!
Candy Bar Fundraiser: Our fundraiser will conclude this Friday during the school day. All students must turn in their current box of chocolates and $60. No incomplete boxes will be accepted. I am so proud of our students and am excited to see how we do on Friday!
Legacy of Champions Marching Competition: Our high school will host our annual band competition this Saturday. If your student would like to earn some volunteer hours or would like to just help out please contact Ms. Menendez. If you are an adult and would like to assist with concessions, traffic guards, transportation, etc., please let me know as well.
Have a wonderful rest of your Sunday!
Ms. Maria Menendez