I hope that you all had an incredible break with your loved ones and friends.
Monday: Raffle fundraiser starts
Tuesday: Pre LGPE concert at Mabry Arts Center
Wednesday: Jazz band after school until 4:30 (extended to rehearse for assembly)
Friday: Black History Month Assembly during the school day
Pre LGPE Concert
Our next concert is at the Mabry Arts Center this Tuesday, March 1st. Report time is 5:00 pm for all students. 7th grade will perform at 6:00 PM and 8th grade will perform at 6:30 PM. We are having a judges panel attend to give us feedback leading into our big LGPE performance at the Carroll County Performing Arts Center on March 17th and 18th. Please ensure that students wear all black like we did for our Fall concert. Students are dismissed one their band finishes their performance.
Our students have the opportunity to participate in our raffle fundraiser from February 28th to March 14th. Each student will receive ten raffle tickets priced at $10 each. Customers will automatically be entered into a drawing for one or multiple of the following prizes:
- $50 Amazon gift card
- Set of Airpods Pro
- Nintendo Switch
- Instant Vortex 6 Quart Air Fryer
Our students will get incentives for selling raffle tickets as well!
- For every 10 sold, students will get their name entered into the grand prize drawing.
- For every 10 sold, students will also get their name entered into a drawing for a free fast food lunch on Ms. Menendez.
- For every 5 sold beyond that, their name will be entered again into each of those drawings!
- 8th graders will earn $5 towards their Carowinds trip for every ticket sold.
How the fundraiser works:
- Students will collect the $10 from the customer, tear the ticket in half so that the customer has their portion, and turn in the information portion to Ms. Menendez.
- Ms. Menendez will document that purchase and credit it towards that student as well as enter their name into both drawings.
- Drawing will occur on Tuesday, March 15th during homeroom!
- Cash or check (written out to CJHS Band) is acceptable.