I am so thankful for our Fall Break and for the opportunity to recharge! We have a very busy week this week so please pay close attention to the following announcements.
Week at a glance:
Monday: 7th Grade after school rehearsal at CJHS Band room until 5:00 PM
Tuesday: 8th Grade after school rehearsal at CJHS Band room until 5:00 PM (No DHB after School)
Wednesday: Cookie Dough Fundraiser begins!
Thursday: DHB practice after school until 4:00 PM
Friday: 8th Grade Night. *Required for all 8th grade band members. *
After School Rehearsals:
In order for our concerts to be successful we need extended rehearsal time for both grades. Our 7th graders will rehearse their concert music tomorrow and our 8th graders will rehearsal on Tuesday. I schedule only one rehearsal for the Fall concert in order to ensure that our concerts run smoothly, yet not take up too much time from all of the other activities that the students participate in. Each rehearsal is a grade for all students. Please ensure that your student is at school tomorrow and that they have a ride ready to pick them up at 5 pm.
Concert Tuesday, October 26th:
The students have been working so hard to prepare this concert for you all! We will have our first concert of the year next Tuesday at the Mabry Arts Center at 7 PM. All students are required to wear concert black. This concert is free and will conclude in less than an hour. All students are required to remain for the duration of the concert. Report time is 6:30 PM.
This includes the following:
- Black slacks
- Black closed-toed shoes
- Black socks
- Black long-sleeved shirt
- Dresses and skirts may be worn but must be below the knee when seated. Black non-see through tights must be worn.
8th Grade Night Schedule:
- 3:30 report to CJHS band room to meet Ms. Menendez. Walk down to CHS Band room together.
- 4:45pm Report to Band Field for Pre-game rehearsal
- 5:30pm Dinner provided by the boosters
- 6:30pm Uniform Check in Stadium
- 7:00pm Pre-Game
- 7:30pm Kick-Off
- Approx. 9:00pm Half-time
- 10:00 Optional 8th grade Student pick-up time
- Approx. 10:30pm Game Ends for students who wish to stay the entire game.
- *Students will be able to contact you during 4th quarter to give you a better estimate of what time the game will be ending. Hopefully most of our students will stay for the entire game so that they can participate in our very special Battle Hymn tradition at the end of the game!*
Friday is going to be an absolute blast!
Be ready for cookie dough information on Wednesday. We are excited to sell to our community again and cannot wait for you all to see the delicious options that we have here.
I have added a field trip on November the 12th. Information to come home soon as it is just now getting approved by my principal and those above him. Be on the lookout!
Carowinds info has been sent home. You may read through the information below as well. Down payment is due next month!
I look forward to seeing all of our students tomorrow!